Memorial Day Flags

Hard to believe a year has past when we first displayed flags for Memorial Day weekend. Setting time for placing and removing flags with RSVP.

"Memorial Day is an American holiday, observed on the last Monday of May, honoring the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military. Memorial Day 2021 will occur on Monday, May 31.

Originally known as Decoration Day, it originated in the years following the Civil War and became an official federal holiday in 1971. Many Americans observe Memorial Day by visiting cemeteries or memorials, holding family gatherings and participating in parades. Unofficially, it marks the beginning of the summer season."

@board,

Wanted to see who was “Going” to help out with placing the flags for Memorial Day? Right now Jeff and I have RSVP.

We could have a mini meeting that morning or in the afternoon to discuss some proposed activities and wanted to see who is available that day.

What is the date? I haven’t seen a notice about it before today. We mentioned it at the last board meeting, but I don’t have a date in the minutes. Sometimes I get emails and sometimes I don’t or they arrive weeks later.

So, we are out of town on the Saturday before Memorial Day. Obviously, we can’t help that day. Any other day, I can help.

@board,

Just realized we are scheduled to put flags out at 5 pm. So use to putting them out in the morning. Mini meeting would be in the evening.

1 Like

I will help and attend the meeting. Steve will not be attending.

im available to help :slight_smile:

I will be able to help with the flags and the meeting.

@board,

Moved flag planting up to 4 pm tomorrow if that is okay?

Sheila can may 4 pm and I have a 5:30 pm CONA meeting.

Still on for Impromptu Board Meeting at 7 at the park. If it is raining then Sheila said we can meet at her house. Will up that this on the agenda.

I won’t be home by 4 for the flags. I’ll make the meeting at 7.

Okay. See you at 7 Jeff.

I’ll try to be there for the flags. I didn’t get the notice, again. I just happened to check the website and found the notice about the flags and the meeting. Totally unprepared.

Attached are pictures from Kings Garden Center for plants they picked out. I’ll explain later.

Not all pictures sent through. I will try again.

@board,
The removing of the flags for Memorial day has been moved to 6 pm this Tuesday to help coincide with spreading the dirt around the white fence at the entrance.