Improvements to Neighborhood Entrance

@neighbors

Dear Neighbors,

Your neighborhood association would like to thank all the volunteers for helping to improve the appearance to the neighborhood entrance. We have received many compliments of how well it looks. We also plan to add solar lighting.

Would also like to thank the neighborhood association members for their dues and for all the donations including those from the Homestead Estates Homeowners Association. With limited funds this financial support is critical.

Membership dues of just $20 per year are needed for making this and other projects and neighborhood events possible and are much appreciated. There is strength in numbers so please consider joining (if you haven’t already) and inviting your neighbors to join in these efforts.

Thanks again,
Brad Eldridge, SHNA President

IMG_3609

Hello Brad,

Really like the new look on the entrance. Extending a “thank you” for all of the workers. I hope to participate in the future.

Karen

145 Small.png

Thank you Karen. The volunteer work really make these projects possible. We hope to add some led lighting in the near future.

You may have noticed the county road department cut back the brush along Big Sink too. Making strides to improve the gateway into our neighborhood!

Will keep you posted in future projects and events. Looking forward to your participation :grinning:

Kudos to the fantastic work done by the association. You have made some great contributions to the improvement of the neighborhood. While I’ve been following your activities, today I am formally joining.

I have a concern about the entrance. I am of an age to remember when the American flag was flown for celebrations, commemorations, and special events. Seeing them used as a permanent decoration, being left 24/7 and subjected to the elements, is disheartening. This doesn’t fit the traditional flag rules I learned as a kid.

Thanks to all. I look forward to joining and supporting the work.

Randall Wheeler

@Rapidi

Thank you for noticing the improvements. We are planning many more like adding solar lighting to the entrance sign.

We have been putting up the small flags along Quail Run for certain holidays. The entrance to the subdivision is on private property and the homowner had put up the other flags.

To join simply click the yellow “Get Involved” bock on the homepage. There are options to pay online and by mailing to Shelia Hollin. Dues are greatly appreciated and help us continue the improvements.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Brad

Thanks, Brad. I should have added that I love the small flags on holidays. It’s just the fence I’m concerned about. I also am not pleased with the large political signs the owner places at election time. Being as prominent as they are, it’s as if our neighborhood itself has made endorsements. But being being private property I certainly respect the owner’s right to do so.

Thanks. I’ll be joining today!