Beautification at Kuhlman Loop

@neighbors

Below is a copy of a post from Connie

"MANPOWER NEEDED FOR THE BEAUTIFICATION GROUP!

The beautification group planned a project at the Kulhman Loop memorial area that requires some manpower. This is the area where the serenity bench is currently sitting. We need a few men with square shovels or spades, a tape measure, a long level, a dirt tamper or heavy feet stomping, some strength, and some way of disposing of dirt and grass. The project is planned for Tuesday, August 23 at 6:30 p.m. Below is the plan. Please respond if you can help out with this project. It’s not a woman’s job. The materials are heavy.

I have purchased 12 of the 1-foot square concrete pavers and 3 very heavy bags of paver’s sand. This material is currently in my SUV and needs to be removed ASAP. The plan is to get 4 or 5 men to (1) dig a rectangle 4’ x 3’ x 3" deep, (2) level the area, (3) fill the area with paving sand and tamp it down hard, (4) place the pavers in the area so that they are flush with the grass, (5) make sure the area is level, (6) replace the bench.

Please respond to me ASAP. Just let me know you will be on site and I will drive up so the materials can be unloaded.

It would be best to have the area dug out before unloading, so we are not moving things too many times. The more help, the quicker this project can be done.

I am leaving on vacation for a month soon. The materials must be out of my car ASAP.

Will you help our beautification group complete this project, please? Thank you in advance! Don’t forget to reply!"

Hey Brad - I’ll be out there to lend a hand

-Daniel Pollis

Thank you Daniel. Could not make this one and know they appreciate the help.

Hey everyone - when I got home last night I saw materials had been offloaded but didn’t see anyone else out through the evening - making sure I didn’t miss anything. Let me know if there’s a follow up planned to actually dig out the area and complete the project - don’t want to assume and let it sit unattended

Connie did cancel it. Will be rescheduled but am not sure when. Hopefully will know something soon.

10-4, thanks